Let’s transform data into solutions.
What happens in the Arctic doesn’t stay in the Arctic. Climate is changing in all corners of the World. These changes are happening faster in the Arctic, with impacts on the rest of our planet.
#HackTheArctic unites science to society and together we design solutions for these environmental challenges. The hackathon invites participants to use Arctic environmental datasets to design digital services relevant to society, policy-makers, and scientists.
Participants are provided with a collaboration platform, Arctic data, virtual research environments, guidance from our scientists, and inspiration from keynote speakers.
You will have one weekend to hack the data with the guidance of science and data mentors, and inspiration from Keynote speakers. You will be working on an online networking platform with participants around the world. At the end, participating Teams present their result in a 1-2min video, and a winning team will be chosen.
Participants select one of the 5 Challenges:
- Map the available data coverage of the Arctic;
- Design a data-based service for (a) policy-makers, or (b) citizens;
- Explore Svalbard data as a case study;
- Design a science visualization tool.
The 48 hr online event will provide you with
- Collection of datasets (SMEAR, iCUPE, ICOS Portal, SIOS, SeaDataNet, Actris, WMO-GAW, +),
- Science and data mentors,
- Keynote talks and,
- Collaboration/networking platform
Students will get a Certificate of Participation.
You can join as a team or form teams during the event.
For whom: It is open to anyone, anywhere!
When: 12-14 March, 2021
Register now at www.HackTheArctic.com
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/952728355260507/