Centre for Cloud Particle Properties
The Centre for cloud particle properties (CCPar) is located at the University of Manchester (UMAN) in UK.
- Calibration of cloud droplet and ice probes
- Instrument intercomparison
- International/National Campaigns at the Manchester Ice Cloud Chamber (MICC)
- Training and knowledge transfer
- Activities and workshops
- The high precision droplet gun is a linked calibration facility providing a stream of individual droplets or ice crystals (under development) of a known size delivered to a precisely defined area.
- Developed by J.Crosier funded by NCAS and IAGOS
- Use for research into ice multiplication processes
- Calibration and beam mapping of imaging and scattering cloud probes including IAGOS BCP
- Basement section where cloud and water vapour probes installed for probe intercomparisons